Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dinner, Hair Mask, Aussie




I got adventurous while I was home alone tonight and made a new dish! I had some lentils in my cabinet and I had been wanting to try them for a while. So I took the recipe off the back of the lentils package and went to work!
 
Lentil and Brown Rice Casserole
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cups cooked lentils
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups plain yogurt
½ tsp each oregano, ground cumin, salt, garlic pepper, and cayenne pepper
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

In a skillet heat oil and sauté onions. Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mix well and pour into the casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve hot as main dish.
Makes 6 servings

Lentil & Brown Rice Casserole

I did everything as the recipe said but I added in a zucchini and a squash. I want some more veggie to it so I had to add two of my faves! It turned out really good but one thing I will do next time, add more spice! I do not feel like there was enough spice as I ate it. It didn’t come through very well. So make sure you add some extra in when making it. 

I had to cut it up to show you the inside {and eat!}
Also, I will most likely cut it in half next time I make it because it is only me and my mom in the house. This is not something my brother would even try. He eats like crap. He hates anything green. He is lucky he has the drive to stick to his workout routine!
But overall, I was happy with this new dish and it will go into my recipe box!

Before I started my little cooking adventure, I threw some coconut oil onto my hair! This is my absolute favorite thing to do for my hair. It makes it feel like I just went to a salon and got some sort of deep conditioning treatment. Because I have naturally curly hair, I have naturally dry hair. I got a nice fresh hair cut today so I felt like this was a good opportunity for me to do my mask. 

Those white chunks are just unmelted coconut oil.

I am alone tonight {and tomorrow night} because my mom ran off to good ‘ol Vernon Texas to see her dad. They will be attending my cousin’s 8th grade graduation tomorrow evening. When she got to her dad’s house I got the most adorable picture ever. 

Meet Lacey.


Lacey May - Mini Australian Shepard
 This is her summer hair cut. She rocks it.


No comments:

Post a Comment